This 15 minute easy peasy limey squeezy way to turn some humble lentil sprouts into the most amazing taco filling. 4 ingredients, some seasoning and splash of water and you have the quickest, healthiest taco filling in town. Turning the heat off as soon as the lentils hit the pan helps heat them through while keeping those healthy enzymes and vitamins as intact as possible. Pair with some guac, squeeze of lime and serve on a warmed corn tortilla for spicy taco heaven. These lentil sprouts were grown in our 1 litre sprouting jar using our legume lid>
- 1 Red Onion
- 150g Sweetcorn
- 2 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 2 tsp Cumin Powder
- 1 tsp Chipotle Paste
- 150ml water
- Salt & Pepper
- Heat a pan on medium high heat with a drop of oil of your choice.
- Finely dice your onion and add to the pan. Sautee for 2 to 3 minutes.
- When slightly softened, season with salt, pepper and add your cumin and smoked paprika. Stir to coat.
- Add the sweetcorn and stir to combine, letting the corn get fully coated in all the spices.
- Add a dollop of chipotle paste (This stuff can be spicy!) and stir. Add the water to make a sauce and turn up the heat. Let simmer for 2 minutes until reduced.
- Very roughly chop your lentil sprouts and add to the pan. Turn the heat off immediately and stir to combine. Leave to heat through lightly in the pan as you prepare your tacos.
This simple recipe is great for fajitas, nachos or any other Mexican style dish you can think of. Scale the recipe up as required. We used shop bought corn tortillas, by all means make your own!
We paired the lentils with some guacamole, Valentina hot sauce and some coriander.