This is a really delicious and quick recipe to start the day. Full of tofu protein and a kick of sulforaphane from a heap of broccoli sprouts will keep you full till lunch and your gut bugs will love you!
Use sprouts or microgreens – it doesn’t even have to be broccoli! We used a smoked tofu for ours along with smoked paprika to give it some extra depth but you can use plain tofu and it’ll be equally as delicious!
· 1 x Block of firm tofu
· Handful of mushrooms
· Homegrown broccoli microgreens or sprouts
· Handful of baby spinach leaves
· 2 x Whole wheat wraps
· 50ml plant based milk
· 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
· 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
· 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
· Salt and pepper
· Vegan Mayo
- Start off by chopping and frying your mushroom. Season to taste and set aside.
2. Mash your tofu in a bowl with a fork or a potato masher – don’t go too mad as we will break it up a bit more in the pan. You don’t need to press or squeeze the tofu either as the liquid will evaporate.
3. Fry your tofu until it starts to develop a bit of colour. Add the nutritional yeast, paprika and turmeric and stir well.
4. Add the plant milk and stir well. This will help the seasonings coat the tofu evenly and penetrate into the curds. Pressing the tofu chunks with the back of your spatula will help break up any larger clumps. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Whent he tofu is cooked and the liquid has evaporated, place your scramble in a bowl to cool slightly while you assemble your burrito.
6. Spread a dollop of mayo on your wrap, followed by a layer of spinach, followed by a layer of mushrooms.
7. Mix your broccoli microgreens into the slightly cooled scramble. Portion this onto each wrap.
8. Finally roll up your burrito, enjoy and start your day with a bang!